Mac, iPad, iPod and iPhone Warranty Coverage
Issues covered under the Hardware Warranty
Apple covers defects in materials and workmanship on the Devices under normal use for a period of one year from the date of retail purchase by the original end-user purchaser. Failure that has resulted from malfunctions in the device, not due to any exclusions as noted below, are covered under the warranty.
Issues not covered under the Hardware Warranty
This warranty does not apply to:
- Damage caused by use with non-Apple products.
- Damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, liquid, fire, earthquake or other external cause.
- Damage caused by operating the product outside the permitted or intended uses described by Apple.
- Damage caused by service (including upgrades and expansions) performed by anyone who is not a representative of Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider “AASP”.
- Consumable parts, such as batteries or protective coatings designed to diminish over time, unless failure has occurred due to defect in materials or workmanship.
- Cosmetic damage, including but not limited to scratches, dents and broken plastic on parts.
- If any Apple serial number has been removed or deleted.
Not covered under warranty or eligible for Technical Support
Apple has discovered that some of the unauthorized unlocking programs available on the internet (e.g. “Jailbreak”) may cause irreparable damage to the device’s software. As part of the service process Apple and providers should update the software on the device to the latest versions if The device's Software has been modified, the device may be inoperable or become inoperable when the Software is updated.
Making unauthorized modifications to the software on the device violates the device software license agreement, and the inability to use the device due to unauthorized software modification is not covered under the device's warranty.
Specific examples of failure or damage not covered under the warranty include
- Damage caused by international separation, opening, or disassembly of enclosure.
- Damage or operational failure caused by the removal and re-insertion of external and internal screws or parts.
- Damage caused by punctures or holes in the outer case.
- Cracked glass or LCD resulting from external cause.
- Damage or failure caused by external force.
- Damage or failure caused by liquid (please review “Liquid contact indicator“).
- Damage or failure caused by wet or dry chemical, such as gasoline, acid, corrosives, dust, soil, or foreign matter [please review “Debris. Or corrosion in ports“].
- Damage or failure caused by external heat or fire (Internal heat damage is covered unless as a result of an external cause).
- Cosmetic damage from external causes, including dents, abrasions, scratches on case, discoloration cracking, peeling of metal or plastic parts of enclosure.
The company shall not be held responsible under any circumstances for the loss of data stored in Hard Desk of the Apple device. Customer is responsible to keep a back-up copy of all data stored.
If your apple product is capable of storing software programs, data and other information, you should make periodic back up. Copies of the information contained on the storage media to protect the contents and as a precaution against possible operational failures.
During service it is possible that the contents of the apple product's storage media will be lost, replaced or reformatted. In such an event. Digits is not responsible for any loss of software programs data or other information contained on the storage media or any other part of the apple product’s serviced.
Any Apple Mac product that has exhausted its limited one-year hardware warranty will be serviced at the customer's expense. A quote will be given to the customer after diagnoses and upon approval from the customer the repair will be carried out. In case the customer rejects the quotation and does not want to proceed with the repair diagnoses fees will be applicable. For liquid damage and accidental damages, the service center may not be able to return the machine in the same condition as we received after the quotation is rejected.